Saturday 5 September 2009

I Was Distracted And Then There Was The Pandemic

Okay readers. I know. I've been a bit of a downer lately. August is always particulary stressful for me. August is back to school month in Stepford and this year it was full-blown anxiety attack inducing. The Boy started Jr. High - complete with no homeroom, a locker with a mysteriously difficult combination lock, gym clothes, and hookers everyone keeps assuring me are really eighth grade girls.

(Don't judge me. Their breasts are larger than mine and seem to defy gravity.)

The Girl started third grade and her dyslexia program (This is off to a good start and I'll write more about this later). On top of that she decided to run for student council and trust me, you would not have wanted to be on the business end of that discussion had she not been elected. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the election gods for smiling upon me (I mean her).

August also brought the unexpected death of a friend from church and that of Ted Kennedy. Needless to say, with all the emotional stuff, I've been feeling particularly reflective and not my usual snarky self.

I was hoping to get my groove back this weekend with our annual Labor Day End of Summer Lake Bash.

The H1N1 pandemic had other plans.

Oh yes, that's right, the Swine Flu has knocked The Boy out. We're two days into this and no one else in our household is showing any signs of having it, but The Boy seems to have not bottomed out either. Needless to say, I'm displeased (pissed as hell).

I'm soothing myself on the Internet (where all good things come from, right?).

First, see this uber cool little Propel badge in the right sidebar?



Yeah? Well, click on it and enter your butt to win $5,000 over at the You.Propelled site at DivineCaroline. Who doesn't need that, right?




And while you're there? Please go ahead and vote for Stepford Stories for DivineCaroline's Love! This Site Award. God and Milk are kicking my ass right now and we can't have that, can we?





And, since you can vote more than once and the Internet totally owes Aunt Becky right now, please show MommyWantsVodka some love too.

And while you're all busy doing exactly what I command, please go ahead and vote for Mommy's Space too.

No comments:

Post a Comment