Monday 12 October 2009

Political MMQ

Sunday morning didn't make the cut for this week's Political MMQ. (Although, if you didn't see Ana Marie Cox on CNN, it is well worth a watch.)

This week I have two clips, both from Morning Joe. Clip one has Max Blumenthal discussing his new book Republican Gomorrah: Inside the Movement That Shattered The Party. I've not had an opportunity to read this book, but it is on my reading list for this fall. I love this clip because, well, Joe Scarborough goes temporarily insane - by the end of the interview he won't even face Max Blumenthal directly or look him in the eye. Not a very nice way to treat a guest, but when your party gets called out for being what they are, it doesn't leave Joe with much to work with other than rudeness. It happens.



Clip two shows Mike Barnacle taking Liz-"I Channel My Dad, Satan"-Cheney to task. Mica should really take a cue from Mike, but sadly she apparently sits too close to Joe. I appreciate Mike Barnacle's visible anger at the lie Liz Cheney is trying to peddle. Too bad more people on television don't have the balls to take on the right wing when it is appropriate.



No comments:

Post a Comment